Ameer E. Hassan, D.O., F.A.H.A., F.S.V.I.N.
Dr. Ameer E. Hassan is a triple board-certified neurologist who specializes in stroke, neuro critical care and endovascular surgical neuroradiology. Dr. Hassan is head of the Neuroscience Department and an Associate Professor of Neurology and Radiology at the University of Texas, School of Health Sciences. He serves as the Director of Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology and Clinical Neuroscience Research at the Valley Baptist Brain and Spine Network in the Valley Baptist Medical Center.
Dr. Hassan received his medical degree from University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, NJ and completed his Residency in Neurology at the University Hospital, Newark, NJ. He then completed a Fellowship in Stroke and Neurocritical Care as well as a Fellowship in Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Dr. Hassan is known and recognized for his research in stroke, advanced imaging, antiplatelet use, advanced aneurysm treatment and carotid stenting. He has published over 100 papers and book chapters, and is currently the Principal Investigator of seven clinical trials.
Dr. Hassan is the Chair of the American Academy of Neurology Endovascular Section. He is the current chair of the South Texas Trauma Advisory Council –V Stroke Subcommittee. He is a board member of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) and the American Heart/American Stroke Association – Southwest Affiliate.
- Medical School:
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
Residency in Neurology at the University Hospital, Newark, NJ
Fellowship in Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Fellowship in Stroke and Neurocritical Care at the University of Minnesota
- Acute stroke treatment
- Carotid stenting
- Aneurysm treatment
- AVM treatment
- Intracranial disease treatment
- Tumor embolization
- Cerebral angiograms
- Spinal angiograms
- Provocative testing
- Dr. Hassan focuses stroke research on issues close to home.
- Impact of procedural time on clinical and angiographic outcomes in patients with acute ischemic stroke receiving endovascular treatment
- Area Teacher Receives New Life Following Procedure in Harlingen
- Valley Baptist Neuroscience Institute Leading the Way in Neurology Treatments and Research
- Valley Baptist Physician Elected American Academy Of Neurology Section Chair learn more
- Valley Morning Star
- Click to view the video - Health Beat: RGV Research on Stroke Victims
- Click to view the video - Study: Patients can be treated up to 24 hours after stroke
Valley Baptist Medical Center: